Monday, May 30, 2011

quick, somebody call "this old house"!

dateline: santa fe


...since i can't be at the kerrville festival this weekend with my songsmithin' buddies i decided to do something useful.  so i built me a fence.  i had a gas meter visible from the living room window in the house we're trying to sell.  now who's gonna buy a house where you can see the gas meter from the living room wndow?  so i got me some logs (well, kindling, really ), and a hammer and some nails & twine...why, i even grabbed my trusty hatchet and split one of the logs to make a crossbeam and didn't lose a single appendage...yup, me and ol' honest abe...a couple of fence building, rail splittin' fools...



yessir, it's a mighty fence.....a mighty...small fence...but a mighty nice fence


so i ask ya....see any gas meters out my window now?  didn't think so.


listening to robbie robertson - how to become clairvoyant

also gotten hooked on the old HBO series carnivale


No comments:

Post a Comment